Wednesday 16 May 2012

individual brainstorm

Brain storm

 as the brainstorm illustrates, my interest for lighting design and lights will be used in my idea to give a new and interesting take on my video. I then decided that an important part of design and my favorite part of the design process is the development of ideas and concepts, tuning something that already exists into something improved or developing a simple idea into a more thought-of possibility. I then took the idea of lighting and wanted to show how even though we may not notice it, lighting/light effects our world and our daily lives, so I came up with the phrase "A new way of seeing how light impacts our world", and by doing this i want to show how industrial design can bring attention to this statement. When I finally collected my ideas I started looking at plots and ideas for the actual clip ie; whats going to be in the video. I looked at other concepts and from one idea came up with another idea after discussing it with my tutor who suggested that I should work with light to create images, so i thought of using a dark room were light is shone onto a surface through stencils and the images will appear as light prints onto the surface. This will be made of images showing the transformation of objects, and rather than having the objects switch from one object to another, they could transform so this might involve a t lot of stencil making!!
I will expand on this idea by writing a treatment, researching and building up on a storyboard before i experiment with this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment