Sunday 20 May 2012

101 stop motion trial

6 second video of light shone through stencils on a wall
I made stencils out of card board and butter paper of basic shapes (circle turns to heart shape) just because I wanted to do a quick experiment to see what the stop motion video would look like and what needs to be done in order to produce a successful video.
What I learnt:
-Butter Paper is unnecessary because it was so ambient, that when the light shone through the cut outs, the shadows were not clear enough
-I will need a second person to help me out or else use a tripod because it was very difficult to hold up the stencil, while holding a torch behind it and then controlling the camera at the same time. I ended up resting the camera on a table, but I think that  a tripod will be much more effective as it is easier to maneuver than a table!
-the stencils will require a lot of thought, since I want the images to evolve from one to another so it is quite important to create good quality stencils that have been plotted and measured out.
-I need to hold the stencils in the same place for each shot or else they will randomly appear bigger then smaller throughout the film
-I learnt how to use imovies to create my stop-motion clips
-I need to look at using different camera angles and lightings so that I can expand my options and possibly come out with something better than originally planed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment