Sunday 23 September 2012

Research for layout

Nike app...
This background is from the app for nike run, and since the app encourages the user to push their limits and run more, it makes sense to have a a figure that shows a person running and a wave to show movement, or maybe to mirror the pattern of a heart monitor.
The buttons are shaded in a way that makes them appear shiny and more 3D. I think it would look really effective if I made the buttons in my app as glossy.

My attempt at superimposing a similar image:

trial 1

this isn't successful, but it could be because of a) the photograph,
b) the opacity makes it look less strange, because it blends too much.














trial 2
I liked this aesthetic, so I thought I could try to do my own version, so that I'm not just copy + pasting an image from online, plus I can customize it to match the app better
I found some images of people running and turned them into sihlouettes so that I can pu them in the background.



I repeated the sihlouette and faded them out to emphasize movement, however, now it looks bland because the colours are just repeating and it looks too simple. Also I think that the boxes need to have rounded corners so that it looks less harsh. My attempt at making the boxes 3D meant that I added and effect and gradient, which kind of worked, but I think that rounded corners will add to it.

I tried introducing a third colour- grey, but no way in hell will I use this certain concept, it looks wierd with the gradient of the boxed, and against the blue, the grey looks brownish.










No comments:

Post a Comment