Sunday 5 August 2012

Week 3/4-Story board and proposal

Story board
This is my storyboard and illustrations that I tried to do on photoshop!!!

My 200 word proposal:


Model for project 1
My model explores the touch senses and the sensitivity of our touch senses through the differences in temperature. The model is made of two plastic tubes/straws, which are moulded with a thin wire to fit around the back of the neck and ears, which are two very sensitive areas in the body. One straw will be connected to a cup of hot water and the other to a cup of cold water, and the idea is that the user will not only experience a contrasting feeling from the two temperatures, but will also be confused as to which straw contains hot water or cold water by the time the water reaches the back of the neck and ears. The mechanics are simple and the user will have to suck on both straws at the same time, or else I can design a mouth piece that connects both straws together.

I aim to make the user experience a new way of looking at our touch senses by gathering how strong or sensitive the human touch senses can be. This is why I decided to allow the user to feel the difference in two different temperatures; so that when they are asked “Which straw contains hot water?”  It becomes a test to see if our touch senses are able to differentiate between two temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment