Wednesday 25 July 2012

week two; monday's lesson

We were asked to bring in two objects, the first being something considered highly functional, and the second being something that we find interesting or just fun to play with.
The items that i chose were a pair of scissors
I chose this because I think that it's a very functional, useful and user friendly object that we use for a variety of different reasons from crafts, to sewing, to hair cutting etc etc..

The next Item I chose was a rubber brush for baking
i chose this item because I find it fun to shake since the bristles are made of rubber and are flexible, and I like to brush it onto my hand. (weird. i know) Therefore it stimulates the visual and touch senses.

in class we grouped all the items and categorized them into different proporties and features, such as durability, fluidity, colourful, playful, needs human effort etc etc..
then we ordered it to get a clear transition from one group to another and discussed, as a group, where we thought each item should go.

this made me think about how different individuals can have similar responses and ideas towards a certain object, for example everyone agreed that the kush ball and the rubber ball with the glitter inside were the most fun objects because of it's playful nature, the textures, visual appeal etc.
This make me think of how I should consider what people react to in terms of making a model that will evoke the same effect for majority of the users.



No comments:

Post a Comment