Wednesday 13 June 2012

research part II

I was looking through clips of stop motion videos and I found these two clips which illustrate the idea i was going for in terms of creating images through candles.
retrieved from youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7zHZFxHIhc&feature=related


retrieved from youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlXghpryDhU
These videos also make me think about what music and sounds i want to use for my video. The lights flickering and burning reminds me of twinkling sounds, yet I feel like actual music will suit the video more as the clip and images continue to play. This could also depend on the pace of the clip and the visual movement. This also makes me think of how I will photograph the candles, which will most likely be laced on the floor for practical reasons, but it is important to get the camera shots as accurate as possible so that when i put all the images together, the arrangement appears smooth and composed, and not violently moving from one place to another each time the frame changes (like my interum video :S)
this means that i could mark my standing point and try to aim for the same point to shoot each photograph I take or I could ask my sister kindly to help hold the camera :P
I also realize that this will be restricting in terms of colour variation, but I think that candle light is warmer that the tone of the flash light that I used to shine through my stencils, so the video wont be too bleak in my opinion, as a matter of fact I think that the illuminating light is what makes these videos eye catching and attractive, so I'll most likely get the same or similar effect from my clip.

I must share this, it's awesome!!

I really like how they used the space and the volumes, the candles are on stacks to crate a cityscape atmosphere-maybe I should figure out how I could do something like that without burning my house down of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment