Wednesday 28 March 2012

TECHNICAL DRAWING AND PRECEDENTS

My technical drawing.

 Like Zaha Hadid's drawings i tried to use a contrast of thick and thin solid lines (eg thin lines for shadows, thick lines on scissor blades etc) she uses this in her drawings to emphasize 3D form.I used an isometric style of drawing for the centre image because I think that It shows the shapes and dimensions clearly. I had looked at digital art illustrations by Atelier Oschinsky, and I liked how one of his drawings use the illusion of glass to refract images/shapes, so I tried to use glass-like panels to imitate the distorted look. His other illustration inspired my drawing because I liked the chaotic/ confusing look, so I tried to take this idea by drawing different features you would see on the object and arranged them in a messy composition to achieve the same style. I used pastels to further emphasize the messy look and have it look almost streaky so that the viewer identifies the rough style.


Images for precedents...
Zaha Hadid

Atelier Oschinsky


Isometric drawings








No comments:

Post a Comment