Sunday 7 October 2012

project 3! usability testing

I asked 4 different people to try out my app and answer simple questions to help me figure out how user friendly my app is
I asked the following questions:

1)how userfirendly was the interface?
2)what were the weaknesses/strengths?
3)did the app meet any of your expectations?
4)what were improvements that could've been made?

the general feedback was...

1) most people said that although it was simple and easy to use, the beginning of the app was confusing as the individuals didn't know when to use the buttons on the top bar, such as the address bar, so I think that I could've used some kind of highlight around the next button, or maybe a help button etc, etc...

2) weaknesses: text is too thin to read from a small screen, may be annoying to hold on to the phone infront of you as you walk
   strengths: no need to figure it out through a map, icons are obvious, everything that is necessary is visible and easy to understand

3)most people had no initial expectations, but one person said that they expected the app to be more on the weight loss side- as in maybe it tracks what you ate as well, or takes down your pace etc...

4) one person said that they would make all the buttons function at the top bar, another person said that a more simple colour scheme makes it less dramatic looking

No comments:

Post a Comment